Max Fashion’s Style Guide To A Fab Diwali
With Diwali just around the corner, it definitely is the time to continue with the celebrations. In between the round-the-clock festive shopping and preparing several guest lists, there is something that might just escape your mind- you! Taking care of yourself has to be the more important mandate than ever before, so put on your running shoes and go for your daily jog, the one you were planning to skip. Read on to know more about the numerous ways you could gear up for the Diwali. Get ready, celebrate and repeat!
Lace your 8 daily glasses of water with herbs and a bit of fresh lemon juice - flush out those toxins, the flavourful way. (The lemon juice helps balance acid levels.) Fill 2 bottles at start of day and keep them at hand to sip often.
- Tone up and may be drop a size...? Try to make one meal in your day a hearty salad or smoothie. Lean protein, nuts, seeds, leafy greens and nuts in the salad; and for the smoothie, coconut milk with fruits, seeds and nuts - do well.
- Inch closer to the hour-glass figure - eat more small meals, rev up metabolism and cut the calories. Stock up on healthy snacks. Eat a boiled egg or a healthy snack before going out partying - you protect your stomach from the alcohol and cut binging.
- Add to your exercise routine (or get one if you don’t have one!). Run a few minutes more, swim an extra lap, add some power to your yoga.
- Up your skincare routine starting now! Follow the cleanse-moisturise-tone routine morning, evening ithout fail.
- Exfoliate with a home made face and body scrub twice a week. Mix together besan, honey/lemon (depending on dry/oily skin), atta, toned milk and some fine sugar. Rub on gently, leave for a few minutes. Rinse and moisturise.
- A soothing face mask every other night is great: Mash together fresh fruits or veggies of choice, and apply on clean skin; lie back and relax for about 10 minutes, rinse off and moisturise.
- Get your grooming in place: wax, bleach, manicure, pedicure and hair trim - whatever’s required. But keep your skin make up free, allowing in to breathe when you can.
- Massage your scalp and hair with warm oil, leave on for 20 minutes and shampoo - at least 2-3 times a week.
- Your perfect fit is out there, we promise! Just step into a Max Fashion store near you and choose your outfits. Tip: Make your selection for yourself and friends and family - but do not buy right away. Come back next day - this way you’re sure to buy the right ensembles!
- Nothing highlights a good outfit like a fabulous accessory does, so make sure to team your attire with an elegant piece of jewellery like earrings or gold-accented chokers. And of course, the right make up!